[mythtv-users] MCE receiver light blinks or on

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Dec 2 04:38:33 UTC 2019

On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:09:27 -0700, you wrote:

>I have an MCE remote that came with my PVR-500 years ago. Works great as a
>receiver and emitter for a DCT-700.
>
>This morning, the red light on the front of the receiver that lights up when I
>press a button started flashing intermittently and now appears to be lit
>permanently. The remote still works fine.
>
>Any idea what this means?

That normally means that the receiver is receiving something.

The two things I have had a problem with like that are fluorescent
lights, and the sun.

Do you have a fluorescent light in that room?  Is it on?

Is the sun low enough at the moment that it is coming into the
receiver?  But if it was the sun, I would expect that it would be
swamping out the signal and the remote would not be working.

My PVR-500 remote is still working nicely just like yours, but as its
receiver is inside my HTPC case receiving through a small plastic
window, I can not see if its Rx LED is on.