[mythtv-users] decoder error bug #13292

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 11:57:39 UTC 2019

On 27/08/2019 11:23, Adam Skinner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got this issue that has been reported as a bug:
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13292
>
> (UK Freeview)
>
> Sorry , the bug report is a bit beyond my understanding as I've got no
> idea how myth tv internals work.
>
> I've got many FEs and dont really want to get them all to compile from
> source and apply a patch - they are currently using mythbuntu daily PPA.
>
> Does anyone know if there is another easy workaround I can do?

The only thing I can suggest is that you try upping the Tuning timeout
(ms) for each Capture Card in mythbackend using mythtv-setup.

By default for DVB-T/T2 Tuning timeout (ms) is set to 3000 (which can be
marginal depending on type of DVB-T/T2 tuner), try 10000

Some Users have reported that this helps see
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13292#comment:4

Mike