[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB RAM

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sat Aug 24 15:53:47 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-08-24 at 10:57 -0400, James Abernathy wrote:
> I find the menus responsiveness to be fine on the Rp4. I notice
> sometimes when moving between levels in menus, it will flash the
> screen what for a split second, then back to normal. doesn't effect
> how quick I navigate.  I mostly use a keyboard which is very fast.
> the CEC remote for the tv is slow period on anything.

The white flashing is not specific to the RPi4.  I see that all the
time on my Intel Core i3 based frontend.  Its most noticeable for me
when scrolling through the Videos screens, but I see it throughout the
system.

This blog describes the issue (or something very similar):

https://blog.rburchell.com/2011/11/avoiding-graphics-flicker-in-qt-qml.html

The top level window seems to have the described solution, but may be
other widgets need the same additions to solve the flashing.

David