[mythtv-users] FireTV 4K stick

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 15:34:35 UTC 2019

On 8/24/19 3:26 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I have tried to install Peter's new Android-studio based build in
> Fedora 29 with KDE, but no luck so far.  The ikon displays but
> attempts to activate just return almost immediately to the ikon.
> That's after an adb install of the posted .apk.

I just ran another test with a fire stick 4k, first I uninstalled MythTV
leanback frontend and then installed the apk that I posted on
bintray.com. Unfortunately it has the same icon as the normal
mythfrontend, I will have to fix that. When highlighting it you can see
the name displayed so that you know which is which.

If I select the myth leanback frontend icon in the fire stick 4k for the
first time, it opens immediately to its setup page where you have to
supply the backend ip address.

I don't know why this does not work for you. I suggest check in the
installed applications that the correct one is installed.

Perhaps you have a bad adb. The one that comes with android studio is
incompatible with one that comes with ubuntu. If you have android
studio, run adb from the installed Android/Sdk/platform-tools/adb. You
need to specify the port by running

adb connect [ip address of fire stick]:5555

If you still cannot launch the leanback frontend, run adb log while
trying to launch it and see if there is a relevant error message.

Peter