[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB RAM

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:57:15 UTC 2019

On 8/24/19 8:30 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> On 8/24/19 8:20 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> The only jitter I saw was on my Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB RAM. The news
>> program was recording while I was viewing the start of it. There was
>> a slight jitter in the news crawl. It's would run for seconds
>> perfectly smooth, then a slight jitter of a few letters, then smooth
>> again.
>>
>> All solutions were very watchable.
>
> James,
>
> On the Pi 4B, how responsive are the menus?
>
> I have an Asus Aspire ATOM dual core that I'm looking to replace.
> Playback on it is just fine but the menus are somewhat sluggish.
>
> Doug

I find the menus responsiveness to be fine on the Rp4. I notice
sometimes when moving between levels in menus, it will flash the screen
what for a split second, then back to normal. doesn't effect how quick I
navigate.  I mostly use a keyboard which is very fast. the CEC remote
for the tv is slow period on anything.

Jim A