[mythtv-users] Adding HDHR devices using v29

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 18:33:35 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 3:54 PM Kenneth Emerson <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I recently upgraded my system from v28.x to v29. The upgrade went without
> a hitch. For other reasons I decided to delete my HDHR dual tuners before
> adding my new HDHR quad. Now, I got it done but it took forever. The first
> timer went reasonably fast. The second one took about a minute after I
> pressed new tuner. Screen turned dark, finally came back. Each subsequent
> tuner took more time. By the time I got to tuner #6, it was 20-30 minutes.
> Do I have something misconfigured? Anyone else experience this?
>
> Looking at the mythtv setup log, it's searching for something via several
> different methods with fairly large timeout values during the add new tuner
> function.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken Emerson

Just an update, in case anyone else has problems in the backend setup
application with HD Homerun devices.  I continued to have issues every time
I went into the backend setup and selected input cards.  Very long waits
while it seemed to be trying to locate devices on the network.  Last
weekend I upgraded to version 30 and these problems evaporated.  No more
long delays and the upgrade was painless.  Thanks to all the developers
that contribute to such a great product and thanks to the Ubuntu team for
supporting the PPA for binary distributions.

Regards,

Ken Emerson