[mythtv-users] Guidance for phase 9

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:24:52 UTC 2019

> What would
> probably solve all of this would be if the scan could have an option
> (at least for ATSC) to always update existing channels based purely on
> a match of ATSC major and minor numbers.

I think this is feasible but I do need a volunteer in ATSC country to
risk his database in testing this.
First implementation would be a patch against today's master so you
need then  to get the latest master, apply the patch, and build.
Also, to test this you would need to modify your database with SQL so
that a scan of today's signal will make it correct again.
This is then equivalent of what would happen in a scan after the channel repack.

Cheers,
Klaas.

Klaas.