[mythtv-users] VU+ HDTV Receiver as IPTV Tuner

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Aug 18 15:01:39 UTC 2019

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:21:05 +0200, you wrote:

>After I found out, that the VU+-interface has added a blank after
>#EXTM3U, I finally managed a successful channel scan. ;)
>The test-file looks like this:
>
>#EXTM3U
>
>#EXTINF:0,40 - 13th Street
>#EXTVLCOPT:program=1042
>http://vuplusip:8001/1:0:1:412:4:85:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
>#EXTINF:0,3 - 3sat HD
>#EXTVLCOPT:program=41101
>http://vuplusip:8001/1:0:19:A08D:19B:270F:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
>#EXTINF:0,70 - Al Jazeera International
>#EXTVLCOPT:program=20112
>http://vuplusip:8001/1:0:1:4E90:10F:270F:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
>
>(Tthose URLs do actually work with VLC)
>
>I have setup an IPTV-Tuner whith file:///local/path/services.m3u
>and a video-source whith no grabber and else default-settings.
>I have connected both to and did the successful channel-scan.
>The three channels were detected without errors.
>
>But wen I start LiveTV and switch to the newly defined tuner it
>immediately exits LiveTV and produces a bunch of strange SQL-errors and
>a permission denied to ts-file in the backend (v.29.1):

[snip]

I presume that the "vuplusip" name is in your /etc/hosts file.

The error messages all seem to be about losing connection to the
database server, and everything else seems consequential from that. So
I think we need to know a bit more about the MythTV setup.  Is this a
new MythTV install?  What Linux distro is it?  What database are you
using, MySQL or MariaDB?  Is MythTV configured to use localhost, or is
it set up to allow external connections and use the Ethernet port's
address?  Are there any tuners other than the IPTV ones?