[mythtv-users] mythcommflag failure on mythtv-light system

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 21:14:25 UTC 2019

On 16/08/2019 19:29, James Abernathy wrote:

> [...]
>> <mailto:mike.bibbings at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On 14/08/2019 17:29, James Abernathy wrote:
>>> I just noticed that after building a Mythtv-light combo FE/BE on a
>>> Raspberry Pi 4 that it automatically is configured to do commercial
>>> flagging.  I forgot to turn it off for my use case.  However on all
>>> the jobs it ran commflag on, it failed with exit status140 error code.
>>>
>>> Any idea why this is??  Not a big deal for me as I don’t use
>>> commercial skip as it doesn’t work for most of my programs.
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>>

>> Jim.
>>
>> Just tried it my pi4 with mythtv master built from source, although I
>> do not usually use mythcommflag.
>>
>> The recording file is SD (DVB-T) mpeg2, mythcommflag errors when run
>> manually as well as by mythbackend (error code 140).
>>
>> pi at pi4-0816-1:/srv/mythtv/recordings $ mythcommflag  -f
>> 10233_20190816103000.ts
>> 2019-08-16 15:34:37.458046 C  mythcommflag version: master
>> [v31-Pre-552-g7c91ad7435] www.mythtv.org
>> 2019-08-16 15:34:37.458140 C  Qt version: compile: 5.11.3, runtime:
>> 5.11.3
>> MythTV Commercial Flagger, flagging commercials for:
>>     Sky News
>> QObject::connect: No such slot
>> ClassicCommDetector::m_sceneChangeDetectorHasNewInformation(unsigned
>> int,bool,float) in ClassicCommDetector.cpp:262
>> corrupted double-linked list (not small)
>> Handling Aborted
>> Aborted
>>
>> There are two things of concern
>>
>> 1. QObject::connect: No such slot
>> ClassicCommDetector::m_sceneChangeDetectorHasNewInformation(unsigned
>> int,bool,float) in ClassicCommDetector.cpp:262
>>
>> I also see this on my main system Xubuntu 18.04 again with mythtv
>> master built from source, mythcommflag does not abort (does not find
>> any breaks, there is 1 in the file I tried)
>>
>> 2. corrupted double-linked list (not small)
>>
>> This has got to be a problem, maybe due to different qt as I have not
>> seen this on my main system which has  Qt version: compile: 5.9.5,
>> runtime: 5.9.5, pi4 has Qt version: compile: 5.11.3, runtime: 5.11.3
>>
>> It would interesting to know if you get the same thing with
>> mythtv-light, when mythcommflag is run manually.
>>

>> Mike
>>
> I get different errors everything I run it.  The command:
>
> pi at raspberrypi:~ $mythcommflag -v -f 11701_20190816033500.ts
> 2019-08-16 14:25:42.620785 C  mythcommflag version: fixes/30
> [v30.0-60-gb9c1b41a6c] www.mythtv.org <http://www.mythtv.org>
> 2019-08-16 14:25:42.620900 C  Qt version: compile: 5.11.3, runtime: 5.11.3
> MythTV Commercial Flagger, flagging commercials for:
>     The Late Show With Stephen Colbert - Kirsten Dunst; Adam Devine;
> Lee Pace
> Finding Logomalloc_consolidate(): invalid chunk size
> Handling Aborted
> Aborted
>
> I’ve also seen segmentation fault, and invalid fastbin entry (free).

Jim,

Thank you for running the tests, unfortunately I was suspecting that, my
own testing had various failures.

I need to run tests on a Debian Buster amd64 system to see if the same
problems are present, this will take a while to setup.

I have found one bug, in current mythtv master, relating to

  QObject::connect: No such slot
ClassicCommDetector::m_sceneChangeDetectorHasNewInformation(unsigned
int,bool,float) in ClassicCommDetector.cpp:262

although I do not understand why the build from source did not fail,
maybe it is so deep in the code that the complier did not pick it up at
compile time and just fails at run time.

Mike