[mythtv-users] Guidance for phase 9

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:52:39 UTC 2019

On 8/15/19, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019, 1:10 PM Tom Dexter, <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> <snip>
>>
>> I've attached that perl script here. Note that it has pretty thorough
>> help using -h or --help. A few things to note:
>>
>> 1. Obviously this is only intended for U.S. ATSC.
>>
>> <snip>
>

> I guess for completeness sake, #1 should state it's good for North American
> ATSC, as Canada is undergoing the repack too.
>
> Thanks for the script.

You're quite welcome!

Note that the validation that script does against the frequencies (see
the get_us_atsc_frequencies function) was originally based on a file
on my backend at the path
/usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB.

I'm a bit at my wits end on that however, as I no longer have that
file. I'm running Gentoo, and I *think* that file was part of the
media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-apps package...at least I think so. That got
upgraded in March too...possibly the new version doesn't have that(?).

Wow does that throw me off. Does anyone have any idea what usually
provides that file?

Tom