[mythtv-users] EIT Active scan

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 22:59:09 UTC 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 00:02, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When setting up a HDHR tuner in a OTA EPG/EIT system what is the recommended setting for the Activate Active EIT Scan?  When testing a HDHR Quatro on the main network I’ve left it unchecked so the tuners can be shared.  In this configuration when and how are the EIT scans for EPG data run?
>
> What I’ve discovered is even after 5 minutes there is nothing in the Guide, but if I select a channel and watch it then most of the time the guide populates.
>
> Can someone explain this to me?

If you watch or record a channel then you do not only receive the
channel but also the EIT information when that is present. Only if you
check the box for Active EIT then the tuner is used to receive EIT
also when the tuner is not in use for recording or watching live TV. I
recommend to configure the first tuner of your HDHR for Active EIT and
the other three tuners not. The other three tuners are then available
for other use if MythTV is not using them.

Cheers,
Klaas.