[mythtv-users] HDPVR problems - power supply again?

Greg gregl at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 12 13:29:27 UTC 2019

On 8/12/19 1:16 AM, DryHeat122 . wrote:
> After a very long period of reliable service, my HDPVR is failing to
> start recordings and/or starting them then dropping them after around
> 30 sec.  Logs show recorder failed errors.
>
> My natural impulse is to think the HDPVR has trashed yet another power
> supply. I think the current one is its 4th.  But have never had this
> particular symptom before, so thought I'd better ask.

I used to have problems with the power supply's until I read an article
that suggested powering the HDpvr from the  pc power supply.. The last
year I ran the wall wart's, I went through 3.. That was enough too make
me find a more permanent  solution. The PC solution has been running for
about 3 years with no down time.. There is a bit of risk making the
wire,but if you pay attention to the schematic,you should be fine...

Good Luck, Greg