[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging performance

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Aug 9 06:07:21 UTC 2019

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:56:37 -0700, you wrote:

>Is there anything that can cause commercial flagging performance to degrade
>over time? I ask because I've recently noticed poorer performance on shows
>where performance was very good before (for example late show with Stephen
>Colbert).

In my part of the world (New Zealand), the TV channels seem to
deliberately make it hard for commercial flagging to work.  So much so
that no-one uses it much.  Maybe your channels are making some changes
to make automatic recognition of commercials harder.  But it is not
really a problem as MythTV makes it so easy to skip over a commercial
break anyway, as long as you have it configured properly.