[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Wed Aug 7 21:36:30 UTC 2019

On 8/7/2019 3:45 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 03:37:20PM -0400, Don Brett wrote:

>>> The way I understand your system you need to configure two video
>>> sources, one for the HD-PVR/cable and one for the Quatro/OTA.
>>> All four tuners of the Quatro have to be connected to the one video
>>> source you created for the Quatro/OTA.
>>> In the mythtv-setup Channel Editor, when you select "All" video
>>> sources, you get all channels from all  video sources.
>>> If there are channels that are both on the HD-PVR/cable and on the
>>> Quattro/OTA then you see that channel twice.
>>> Note that on the mythfrontend Program Guide the same channel from
>>> different video sources is shown only once.
>>> If you want to use EIT/EPG then you need to do that on only one tuner
>>> per video source. So for the Quattro/OTA you configure EIT/EPG only
>>> for the first tuner.
>>>
>>> I am not familiar with Schedules-Direct but maybe it works
>>> automatically OK once the setup is correct.
>>>
>>> Klaas.
>>>
>> Perhaps I misunderstood.  The Quatro has four tuners in one box, using one
>> IP address, and one device ID.  Do I actually have only two capture cards
>> (HDPVR and HDHOMERUN)?  Here's what I created, what do I need to delete?
>>
>> Capture cards >
>> HDPVR: /dev/video0
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
>> HDHOMERUN: 10722347
> This is correct.
>
>> Video Sources >
>> HdPvr
>> Ant-1
>> Ant-2
>> Ant-3
>> Ant-4
>>
>> Input Connections >
>> [HDPVR: /dev/video0] (Component) -> HdPvr
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-2
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-3
>> [HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-4
> These are not correct.  You should only have one Ant videosource and
> all four Quatro devices should be configured to use it.
>
> David
It's getting better.  I changed Video Sources and Input Connections.
Now it looks like:

Capture cards >
HDPVR: /dev/video0
HDHOMERUN: 10722347
HDHOMERUN: 10722347
HDHOMERUN: 10722347
HDHOMERUN: 10722347

Video Sources >
HdPvr
Ant-1

Input Connections >
[HDPVR: /dev/video0] (Component) -> HdPvr
[HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1
[HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1
[HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1
[HDHOMERUN: 10722347] (MPEG2TS) -> Ant-1

Now the channel editor looks correct, but all the xml ID's were missing
for Ant-1.  Schedules-Direct's web site provides the xml ID's , so I
entered one manually and ran mythfilldatabase.  It worked, so I entered
the rest manually and re-ran mythfilldatabase...that also worked.  A
couple of scanned channels didn't match the SD listing, so I skipped
those; I'll look into them later.

I still have to create the virtual connections, but the system is in use
now...I'll do next steps tomorrow.

Don

---