[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 18:21:58 UTC 2019

On 07/08/2019 18:43, Jay Harbeston wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> The installation went pretty well.  I deleted the existing tuners and
>>> created four new ones for the Quatro box (thanks Klaas for the
>>> instructions). The channel scan worked fine and all four tuners are
>>> working better than expected; some of the hard to get channels are
>>> working really well.
>>>
>>> However, the program guide is unpopulated ("Unknown(Unknown)" for all
>>> the new tuner channels.  I also have an Hauppauge HD-PVR for the cable
>>> box and those channels are fine.  I've run mythfilldatabase several
>>> times; do I have a myth-setup issue, or maybe something with
>>> Schedules-Direct?
>>>
>>> Don
>>>
>>> PS - After the channel scan, I checked the channel editor and all looked
>>> fine.  I exited and re-entered mythtv-setup and re-checked the channel
>>> editor.  Filtering for each of the Quatro antenna inputs, it shows all
>>> the cable-tv channels mixed into the antenna channels.  Example: if I
>>> set the "Video Sources" filter to "All", it shows five cable TV "Video
>>> On Demand" channels (HD-PVR, Ant-1. Ant-2, Ant-3. Ant-4).  I assume this
>>> is a display issue, but ??
>>>
>>> PS - I temporarily turned on EIT and it mostly filled in the guide.
>>>
>>> PS - I reported the frequency change to Schedules-Direct and asked if
>>> any updates were needed on their end; waiting for response.
>>>
>> The way I understand your system you need to configure two video
>> sources, one for the HD-PVR/cable and one for the Quatro/OTA.
>> All four tuners of the Quatro have to be connected to the one video
>> source you created for the Quatro/OTA.
>> In the mythtv-setup Channel Editor, when you select "All" video
>> sources, you get all channels from all  video sources.
>> If there are channels that are both on the HD-PVR/cable and on the
>> Quattro/OTA then you see that channel twice.
>> Note that on the mythfrontend Program Guide the same channel from
>> different video sources is shown only once.
>> If you want to use EIT/EPG then you need to do that on only one tuner
>> per video source. So for the Quattro/OTA you configure EIT/EPG only
>> for the first tuner.
>>
>> I am not familiar with Schedules-Direct but maybe it works
>> automatically OK once the setup is correct.
>>
>> Klaas.
>
> I will need to do this at the beginning of September, and my only
> concern is getting the xml ids set up. If rather than doing a wipe and
> rescan, will just doing a scan, will the scan update the channels?
>
> I don’t want to do the OTA method above as I don’t want to lose the
> xml id values currently in the db for the 18 + Over the Air channels.
>
> I am currently using the  tv_grab_zz_sdjson script for my xml guide
> data in the USA.
> Currently all the channels are mapped correctly in the form
> I43730.json.schedulesdirect.org <http://I43730.json.schedulesdirect.org>.
>
> Will I need to go back in once the channels are rescanned and update
> the db / edit the channels to make sure they get mapped correctly?

mythconverg_backup has a option to save xmltvid data to a file in the
same backup directory as a normal database backup, do this before a full
channel scan.

<path_to>/mythconverg_backup.pl --backup_xmltvids

The created file contains two different formats, the first being a series of update statements using only callsign:
e.g.

UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'I17155.json.schedulesdirect.org' WHERE callsign = 'Channel 4';

There is an "Alternative" format  in the same file (this Alternative
format is commented out in the file /*....*/ style) uses both channel
number and callsign and is probably only useful where channel numbers do
not change.

e.g.

UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'I17155.json.schedulesdirect.org' WHERE
channum = '4' AND name = 'Channel 4';

Once you have done the full channel scan you can just use
mythconverg_restore to get back all your xmltvid's

e.g.

<path_to>/mythconverg_restore.pl --restore_xmltvids

or if you have more than one backup xmltvid file

<path_to>/mythconverg_restore.pl --restore_xmltvids --filename mythtv_xmltvid_backup-20080626211808.sql

The wiki has details seehttps://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Backup_xmltvid_data_.28before_doing_a_full_channel_scan.29

Mike