[mythtv-users] Channel repack requiring a channel rescan and any tips / pointers for handling the changeover

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:05:28 UTC 2019

As subject indicates, all the OTA stations inner area are all changing channels at the beginning of September!

I am currently using the  tv_grab_zz_sdjson script for my xml guide data in the USA.  Currently all the channels are mapped correctly in the form I43730.json.schedulesdirect.org <http://i43730.json.schedulesdirect.org/>.

When I go into mythtv setup and rescan, will I have any problems after the scan with the current values for  the xml ids above?

I am doing a little pre-planning so I know what I will need to do when the time comes on September 6th!

Thanks in advance!

Jay