[mythtv-users] Updating the end time or offset of a recording in progress

mythtv mythtv at mdabbs.org
Tue Apr 30 00:13:27 UTC 2019

I'm trying to create my own version of Myth Recording Extender but using
the Dvr services API instead of directly writing to the DB. I'm able to
call the GetEncoderList service and determine that an NHL game is being
recorded, I can get the status of the game from a website. I can get the
original recording rule that caused the game to be recorded.

What I can't do is to actually extend the recording. I can call
UpdateRecordSchedule and pass it a new endTime (which only seems to
actually work once), or I can give it a new endOffset which seems to
work multiple times. But I think I have a problem: The recording rule is
actually a Power Search and I'm not sure it's actually affecting the
in-progress recording. When I get the rule from GetRecordSchedule, the
actual start and end times are from back when I created the rule (back
in 2015), so I don't think I'm really getting the right rule.

Is there some way within the services to extended an in-progress recording?

Thanks for any help.