[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.30 on MacOS?

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sun Apr 28 20:58:45 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-28 at 19:57 +0000, Dave Pearson (Lists) wrote:
> So, I accidentally upgraded my MythTV backend to 0.30 yesterday,
> which is fine for my Kubuntu backends and frontends, but not so good
> for my MacOS Frontend - has anyone managed to build a packaged
> fronend for MacOS (Mojave) yet?
>
> If not, does anyone have any instructions I can follow to build a
> frontend only package?
>
> I don't really want to downgrade to 0.29 and, if necessary, I can
> live with using Kodi on my Mac, but I do prefer the Myth Frontend.

I have a MacOS Mojave system with MacPorts installed that is part of
the automated build system, and v30 and master are compiled regularly.
I don't use it as a frontend, having only run the binaries once to make
sure that the compile really worked.  (Not really a mac user anymore.)
Looking at MacPorts I see it only has 0.27 and 0.28 as pre-built
packages, so you'd have to compile 30 yourself.

There is an out of date web page here:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts

You should be able to install all the required dependencies from
MacPorts.  It might take a couple of iterations of running 'configure'
and then installing whatever it says was missing.

David

P.S. If you're not a 'macports' fan, I believe others here have gotten
it to compile using 'homebrew'.  Don't know about 'fink.'