[mythtv-users] Version 30.0 and toggle bookmarks confusion

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:53:26 UTC 2019

On 4/24/19, David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 23:00 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
>> On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 21:28 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> > On 23/04/2019 20:53, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> >

>> > Those of us using master got the fix, at least I don't remember
>> > having
>> > to fix the keybindings manually, but the code to do the fixup was
>> > removed before fixes/30 was released. Don't quite understand the
>> > logic
>> > behind that.
>> >
>> > https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/453178430d86f7
>>
>> Well, I was just doing what the comment at the top of the diffs for
>> tv_play.cpp said to do.  It said to delete that code block when
>> consolidating database version 1348, so I did.  I'll revert it since
>> I committed it, and then let the original author figure out when/how
>> to eventually remove it.
>>
>> David
>
> Code restored to master and fixes/30 branches.
>
> David

I just checked out the current fixes/30. Maybe I'm missing something
but I don't understand this change. I'd assumed that the change was a
database update to physically add the new key bindings for existing
frontends or something to that effect.

The change you're referring to if I'm not mistaken is the one in
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp(?). That appears to be dependent on
the AltClearSavedPosition setting which will have been deleted during
the backend update. Wouldn't that default to SET as apposed to TOGGLE
regardless? Even if that weren't the case, I'm not understanding how
that change wouldn't completely override actual key bindings...though
there may be a lot more to that that I'm not aware of.

Tom