[mythtv-users] Trouble with HDHOMERUN drivers

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:32:10 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-14 12:25 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
> I am trying to get the drivers for HDHOMERUN installed on my Mythbuntu
> 16.04 system so I can use the tuners on MythTV.  Am following the
> instructions here <https://www.silicondust.com/support/linux/>.  The
> direct compile/install methods didn't work so I used apt-get, per
> instructions, and got a boatload of errors, below.

Is there a reason you are not using the already packaged hdhomerun
libraries for *buntu 16.04?

$ apt-cache search hdhome
hdhomerun-config - Configuration utility for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
hdhomerun-config-gui - GUI Configuration utility for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
libhdhomerun-dev - Development library for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
libhdhomerun2 - Library for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
kodi-pvr-nextpvr - NextPVR PVR addon for Kodi