[mythtv-users] Android frontend for FireTv cube 4k?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 13:11:17 UTC 2019

On 13/04/2019 02:09, OpenMedia Support wrote:

> I'm having the same blank screen issue on a FireTV Pendant with
> mythfrontend-20190310-arm-v30.0-28-g60cfb7c05ae.apk
>
> I know remote access works as I've got a couple of remote frontends.
>
> I tried the recommended logging commands and got the following

<long snip>

> Any ideas on any further troubleshooting I can try.
>
> Steven

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, but this is from my FireTVstick
4K and the same 32-bit frontend build.  Mine has

OpenGL: Initialised MythRenderOpenGL

where yours has

OpenGL2: Failed to compile shader

<snipped>

but later you do get

04-13 13:02:55.520  3665  3704 I mfe     : OpenGL: Initialised
MythRenderOpenGL

and then there are references to mythbrowser, MythCookieJar and the
MythCenter theme.  I'm using MythCenter-wide and see none of these.

Since going to the March build I find startup, after the logo disppears,
is sometimes very slow and I start to get anxious, but eventually it
does usually come up.

John P