[mythtv-users] specific channel seek issue and acts like poor signal

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Apr 13 08:20:43 UTC 2019

 ---- On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:52:37 +0100 John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote ----
 >      >> A slight rethink here.  Perhaps the embedded timestamps are
 > causing the problem, and a sample might be useful.
 >
 > It does sound as if the problem is seek-table related, which means that
 > putting a sample online isn't likely to help.
 >
 > There have been changes in playback options that might be significant.
 >
 > In  Frontend-setup > Video > Playback > Advanced Playback Settings
 >
 > there is 'Enable new timestamp-based playback speed (AVSync2)' that
 > might perhaps be significant.  (I'm on Master)  Try changing whatever
 > you have there.  Or something else in that region.
 >
 > I was a bit confused by your 'downloading' the file.  I take it that you
 > just played the actual recorded file in vlc, not something taken from
 > the web?
 >
 > John P

am using AVsync2 on my fixes/30 FE's. have been for a while - was test it before PeterB applied the AVsync2 fixes in git about a month ago, and always enabled since.
problem has existed with this specific channel since before v30 was released. definitely on 29, but maybe going back as far as 28 or 27.
while i've watched and deleted these old 4seven recordings, new recordings also exhibit the issue. the seek issue is liveable, but the more recent "poor signal corruption" is a show stopper for the channel now. definitely not a signal issue as the file is fine if played back outside of mythtv.

....Actually... I've just thought about what your getting to with your AVSync2. if a timestamp issue, then avsync2 could well exhibit the problem due to the way it syncs things. I've a fresh recording on 4seven thats about to finish, so can give that a test in a bit.