[mythtv-users] NVIDIA Jetson Nano as Frontend?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:00:39 UTC 2019

On 03/04/2019 15:23, Swanseasurfing wrote:
> Hello MythTV-Users,
>
> NVIDIA announced an AI developer board that seems to be interesting
> for several use cases - and maybe a MythTV Frontend?! The hardware
> sounds promising (quad core, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA Maxwell Graphics Chip,
> HDMI/DP, 4K at 60). Price: 99$. What do you think?
>
> https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/autonomous-machines/embedded-systems/jetson-nano/
>

> Kind Regards
>   Jens

 From a quick play (my jetson nano development kit arrived yesterday).

Based on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (Bionic) with 4.9.140-tegra aarch64 kernel.
mythtv (Client/Server) install from ubuntu repositores works, albeit the
version is an old 2:29.1+fixes.20180414.329c235-0ubuntu3

The usual fixups are required:

|sudo adduser $USER mythtv Note mythtv mysql password in
/etc/mythtv/config.xml (needed for mythtv-setup) or do: mkdir -p
$HOME/.mythtv ln -s -f /etc/mythtv/config.xml ~/.mythtv/config.xml
mythweb needs (if you have lots of channels) ||sudo mv /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mythweb.ini
/etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/|

I used a network tuner (VBOX 3345 DVB-S/S2 etc) on Astra 28E2 satellite everything works.

Note that all playback (SD and HD) uses ffmpeg, not the tegra GPU

NOTE do not use any mythbuntu ppa, no builds for armv8 (aarch64)

I also built current master from source, takes about an hour.
I had to install build depends manually, normally I use ansible, but this fails libcrystalhd-dev not available.

configure needs to be told location of qmake, otherwise you get
qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such file or directory

./configure --qmake=/usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmake

Mike