[mythtv-users] Compiling mythtv.30 - why does hdhomerun show disabled?

Ralph rbonafied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:24:26 UTC 2019

On 4/7/19 4:52 PM, Matt Dorsch wrote:
> "didn't work" meaning you couldn't get libhdhomerun installed, or you
> got installed but still don't have it as an option?
>
> If the latter, did you see this:
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2019-March/399778.html
>
> (unfortunately, using google or duckduckgo to search the mailing list
> archives doesn't seem to work.)
>
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 2:32 PM Ralph <rbonafied at gmail.com
> <mailto:rbonafied at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 4/1/19 9:42 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>     > On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 8:15 PM Ralph <rbonafied at gmail.com
>     <mailto:rbonafied at gmail.com>
>     > <mailto:rbonafied at gmail.com <mailto:rbonafied at gmail.com>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     I already had the source and compiled it.  My question is
>     where should I
>     >     put the compiled library and other files such that the mythtv
>     configure
>     >     script finds it?
>     >
>     >
>     > The Fedora package does a bit of manipulating but you can copy the
>     > library, libhdhomerun.so, to /usr/lib64 (assuming you're running
>     > 64bits), the executable to /usr/bin, and the headers (*.h) to
>     /usr/include.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Richard
>     >
>     > mythtv-users mailing list
>     > mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>     > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
>     > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>     >
>     Hi Richard,
>
>     Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately that didn't work for me.
>     Is there anything I can do to see more detail on why it's not working?

Fair questions :)  I downloaded libhdhomerun.tar.gz to my Mageia system.
 Libhdhomerun compiled fine and created  libhdhomerun.so.   I copied *.h
to /usr/include and /usr/local/include.  I copied *.so to both
/usr/local/lib and /usr/lib64.  I made sure the permissions were world
readable.

I then ran mythtv's configure with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mythtv.30 --enable-vdpau
--with-bindings=perl --disable-altivec --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid  --enable-
sdl2 --disable-xnvctrl

I saw this in the output of configure:
HDHomeRun support         no