[mythtv-users] Capturecard names and multirec tuners

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:38:58 UTC 2019

On 4/5/19, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I have never found a way to adjust the names for the multirec tuners
>> > in mythtv-setup.  It is possible it is there now, but I am missing it.
>> > In any case, it was not there when I did it many years ago.  So what I
>> > did was to use SQL to directly edit the displayname fields in the
>> > database.  If you use one of the many GUI tools (eg Heidi SQL for
>> > Windows), it is not too difficult.  Or you can write a simple SQL
>> > script, for example, put this in a file "displaynames.sql":
>> >

>> As far as I can tell you're correct that this is the only means of
>> getting those unique display names. I spend almost all of my
>> professional life with MySQL and have been for more than a decade so
>> that's not an issue.
>>

> I'm probably misunderstanding something here...but can't you give each one
> a name in MythTV-Setup > Input Connections > Display name field? I have a
> HD Homerun Quattro which has 4 tuners. Under Input Connections each has a
> different Display Name - HDHR3-0, HDHR3-1, HDHR3-2 and HDHR3-.3.

I just reread your post more carefully and realized that you're
confusing the individual tuners in the HDHR with the virtual tuners
for multirec, which it what we're talking about here. For example my
newest HDHR has two tuners. I named the two tuners for that unit as
HDHR 5 and HDHR 6. However due to choosing 2 for the max connections
in the input connections, I ended up with two entries for each of
those names. That's where I added -1 and -2 to the named to
distinguish the separate virtual tuners.

Tom