[mythtv-users] Missing season episode numbering while it is there

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:27:32 UTC 2019

Hoi Roger,

Thursday, April 4, 2019, 2:47:24 AM, you wrote:

> According to https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12141#comment:1
> grabber SxEx is never used for recordings.

> SxEx can only be derived from a metadata lookup with a known episode
> title, or be entered manually.

> I believe US networks have/had a habit of re-ordering episodes and
> re-numbering them.
> I've also found UK series where metadata 'episode title'/SxEx differs
> from my EPG 'episode title'/SxEx.

> So a recording of "Series S2E7" is meaningless: no data is better
> than wrong data.

> If that isn't a concern, then a grabber that fills in episode title from
> SxEx would result in your recordings getting a SxEx.

> Without an episode title there's not much you can do currently.

Thanks for the info. But I beg to differ. Your statement "no data
is better than wrong data." is wrong in this context you are actually
stating "no data is beter then unverified data" with which I disagree.
Episodes are regularly recorded out of order and the season episode
numbering is the only way to but them in order so I need it.

I guess I will have to make a wrapper around the metadatalookup.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop