[mythtv-users] Recording failure.

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:57:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 2:39 AM Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 April 2019 4:16:16 pm Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 7:08 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> This from syslog:
>>
>> *Apr  2 13:07:36 NewMyth avahi-daemon[755]: Withdrawing address record
>> for 192.168.1.111 on enp2s0.*
>>
>> And this bug without solution
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/1586528
>>
>> Not sure what to do.
>>
>> Allen
>>

> Has a couple of work arounds however. Did they not work for you?

One solution was to add these lines
  net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
  net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
  net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1

to etc/sysctl.conf

But upon reboot I still had net.ipv6.conf.enp2s0.disable_ipv6 = 0 so that
didn't work

Another work around said to edit this instead /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf
but when I opened it, I see that the edits in  etc/sysctl.conf were there
as well so that didn't work

Then there was the suggestion to use the GUI and disable ipv6 from there.
That sounded like a great idea but I don't see "disable ipv6"  I see a list
of 5 Hosts in system->network->Hosts but that isn't close to the
instructions given in the work around.

I would love to disable ipv6 but what it the correct way to do that on my
system?  Mystery.

I tried Ian's suggestion and could not log into the computer remotely after
doing that so I removed it. The address of myth in my router is reserved so
I would have expected that to work.

Typical.  Lots of suggestions which either break the system or don't work.

I got nothing.

Allen