[mythtv-users] Recording failure.

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 07:06:16 UTC 2019

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 06:47, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 7:08 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:18 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

> *Apr  2 13:07:36 NewMyth avahi-daemon[755]: Withdrawing address record for
> 192.168.1.111 on enp2s0.*
>
> And this bug without solution
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/1586528

A quick scan-read of the above bug report seems to indicate that users have
had success in solving this issue by disabling IPv6.  You could try that if
you're not actively using IPv6.

It seems like the issue is actually related to DHCP; the IP address is
dropped because, for some reason it is not getting renewed.

Can you not manually configure your MythTV box with a static IP address?  I
imagine that would also solve the issue.

You can do that in /etc/network/interfaces, which will probably exist
already to configure the loopback interface.

You can configure the Ethernet interface statically by adding:

auto enp2s0
iface enp2s0 inet static
    address x.x.x.x
    netmask x.x.x.x