[mythtv-users] Mythweb Channel Icon problem

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 20 16:12:16 UTC 2018

On 9/20/2018 9:02 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/20/2018 10:20 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> On 9/20/2018 5:36 AM, Edmund Na wrote:
>>>
>>> The routine which copies Channel Icon images from Myth to Mythweb
>>> isn’t working correctly.
>>>
>>> At all times when I view Channel Icons on a frontend or in
>>> mythtv-setup I see what I expect, but recently a couple of images
>>> were updated and then they didn’t display on Mythweb – they showed
>>> as missing/corrupted image rather than no image.
>>>
>>> The icons are stored in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/ and have user
>>> and group permission mythtv, but they are readable by all.
>>>
>>> Mythweb seems to access the images from
>>> /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache and most images here are correct. I
>>> understand that when a new icon is added or used something copies it
>>> to the image_cache folder. In my case that process is producing
>>> corrupted images; each is 44Bytes. It is an empty xml file. This is
>>> the same for PNG and jpg.
>>>
>>> If I manually copy the icons from channels to image_cache I see the
>>> images I expect on Mythweb, however I would like to see if I can
>>> understand what is going wrong as this may indicate something else
>>> is wrong.
>>>
>>> I am running Myth 0.28.0+fixes.20160413 and Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
>>>
>> I have observed the same thing, but for only one channel icon (always
>> the same one).  I even did a find on my machine to see where they
>> were stored (besides ~/.mythtv/channels/) and removed them from the
>> cache directories (/var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/,
>> ~/.mythtv/cache/themecache/Arclight.1920.1080/).  Still, that one
>> channel icon does not work in mythweb, but works fine on the frontend.
>> Jay
>
> Hi,
>
> The string 'image_cache' doesn't exist in the mythweb source (or even
> in the mythtv source.)
>
> Could this be defined in a web server setting? Or, is it a link from
> <someDirectory>/mythweb/data/tv_icons?
>
> Try: locate -b '\tv_icons' and ls -ld on the response.
>
> If the mythweb icon doesn't exist under tv_icons, then the Services
> API is used to get it from the channels directory mentioned earlier.
>
> WebFrontend does the same. Try:
> http://yourBackend:6544//Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=someChannelID
> It would be interesting if the same icons don't display in WebFrontend.

jay at mythbox:~$ locate -b '\tv_icons'
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data/tv_icons
jay at mythbox:~$ ls -ld /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data/tv_icons
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Oct  4  2014
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data/tv_icons -> /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache
jay at mythbox:~$

The problem TV icon DOES appear in that directory, but does not display
correctly in mythweb.
Jay