[mythtv-users] Channel Reassignment

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 18 10:50:36 UTC 2018

On 09/17/2018 08:57 PM, Martin Compton wrote:
> We've had some changes to the OTA channels.  I can see the new channel
> assignment in hdhomerun_config_gui, but don't know what to change in
> the database (I use Schedules Direct if that helps).

As Doug mentioned, make sure you have the channels enabled on your
Schedules Direct lineup.

> I did a channel scan within mythtv-setup, but it doesn't appear to
> have changed anything.
>
> I'm at a loss as to how to what to update on the channel definition in
> the database based on what I see in hdhomerun_config_gui.

You should use the channel editor (in mythtv-setup or--often easier for
lots of channels--in MythWeb) to change the XMLTV IDs associated with
the channels that have changed around from their old to their new
Schedules Direct channel IDs.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_ID
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_ID#Schedules_Direct

Mike