[mythtv-users] Android Frontend?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:10:55 UTC 2018

On 09/10/2018 02:54 AM, Tom Harris wrote:
> Is there any info on the status of the Android Frontend available?
>
> Is it released now?  Is it stable and fully functional for US ATSC
> 1080i HDTV?

It is not yet released. It is stable and functional on the shield and
plays 1080i recordings.
> Is it available in the Android App Store? (I’m to an Android user, so
>  I’m not sure if that’s even the right question for “how should I get
> it?”).

It is not on the play store, but there is a download site. I will be
writing instructions for the wiki on how to get it and install it.
> I know Nvidia Shield is the hardware it was developed on. Are other
> devices supported/recommended?   For example, the Amazon Fire TV stick
> or cube devices?   Others?

People have used it successfully on other devices. I installed it on my
phone, It works fine there but cannot be controlled with the touch
screen, it needs a remote, so it is not really useful for a phone.

Peter