[mythtv-users] [mythtv] rpm build of master using mockchain: ERROR: samplerate not found using pkg-config

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:02:17 UTC 2018

I have taken this to the -users list (because, well, read
below).

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:02 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... Will do.

I would not be surprised if something else is wrong with the
build on el7 (mockbuild itself was fragile since upstream
was not reviewing the issues with mockbuild itself), but in
any case, as the mythtv buildbot waterfall shows the
centos 7 builds on master, this is not obviously a *mythtv*
development related issue, your build issue just looks like a
standard (any package) build issues and I would think it is
at best is a -users list question (although there are better lists
for learning how to develop/build), letting the mythtv devs focus
on their solution(s) issues here (the less distractions, the
more likely the devs can achieve results everyone else can
enjoy).  FD: I will agree that I have sometimes been guilty
of taking things to the development list that should stay
off it, but I will continue to aspire to improve.