[mythtv-users] HDPVR, Sonoff and find-zero-byte.pl

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:50:12 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:40 PM Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/06/2018 10:12 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> The audio/video works fine for a few minutes before it dies, so this
> "Unable to set audio input" message seems to be a red herring.
>

>> Just make sure it is less than 9'
>
> 9 inch is quite short. I will try this 6 inch cable,
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067RMY

That is 9 feet, not inches

> for i in  /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/* ; do echo -ne "$i -- $(cat
> $i)\n"; done
>

> /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/boost_audio -- N
> /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/default_audio_input -- 3
> /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/default_video_input -- 3
> /sys/module/hdpvr/parameters/hdpvr_debug -- 1

Those are not valid values ::

parm:           video_nr:video device number (-1=Auto) (array of int)
parm:           hdpvr_debug:enable debugging output (int)
parm:           default_video_input:default video input: 0=Component /
1=S-Video / 2=Composite (uint)
parm:           default_audio_input:default audio input: 0=RCA back / 1=RCA
front / 2=S/PDIF (uint)
parm:           boost_audio:boost the audio signal (bool)

set the parameters in a module file and use :
default_video_input 0
default_audio_input 0

> The video is being fed through component input and stereo audio using rear
> input.
>
> Also, if you just `cat /dev/video1 > ~/test.ts` and ctrl-c after 5
> minutes, do you get a 5 minute video?
>

> It played well for about 4 minutes and then locked up (ts file file
> stopped increasing).

Anything in dmesg @ that time?  Did the video resolution change or audio
codec change?  I remember having issues with a

> The video is being fed through component input and stereo audio using rear
> input.
>
> Your big log also says you do not have a channel change script...
>
> Right, I am testing this with a single channel before deploying.

v4l2-utils  -d /dev/video1 -l