[mythtv-users] storage2 unwritable?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:40:59 UTC 2018

On 09/06/2018 03:55 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> One last thing, I hope, with my rebuild, upon exiting the BE setup I'm told
> that a test file can't be created, but I can't see why:
>
> daryl at trieli:~$ ls -al /mnt/storage1/mythtv

Really need to see the actual text of the error dialog.
That's the directory to check. ls -ld <that directory> is
all you need.

Typically, /mnt/storage1 (etc.) would be a mount point,
but a Storage Directory would be under it, like
/mnt/storage1/recordings. If you don't do that, then if
the mount fails, you'll fill up the root fs with
recordings. Could be /mnt/storage1/{banners,fanart,..}

--
Bill