[mythtv-users] rPi3 - Linux ARM vs Android Build

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:09:24 UTC 2018

On 09/05/2018 10:41 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I'm actually looking to run Android on the Pi
> (and not the ARM port for Linux), and using a self built (Shield like)
> build.  I do not want to use the regular port due to also wanting all
> of the other easy to install and use android apps, etc, not to mention
> the ease of use for others.
>

> I was just wondering if anyone had done it - I have not run across a
> post yet unfortunately.  It looks like I will be the guinea pig :)
>
> I will definitely post back my findings - I plan on spending some time
> on it tomorrow. There are several (10's) posts describing the Adnroid
> build steps, so I should have no issues.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Greg
I have never installed Android on a Raspberry Pi. I would be interested
in how that works. I expect that it will not work well with the android
version of MythTV.  I think the limited amount of memory will be a
factor and I think android has a lot of overhead that raspbian does not
have. Also you may find the hardware assisted deinterlace that we use
with raspbian does not work on android.

Peter