[mythtv-users] Master in F28: dmesg spam about tuner firmware

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 14:58:45 UTC 2018

A few days ago I upgraded from Fedora 27 to 28 and installed the
then-current master head, aede3ba, from locally built rpms.  All seemed
ok and the usual things work.

But now dmesg has two lines from tda1004x whenever a command is sent to
the main (DVB-T) tuner, about setting up plls and checking the firmware
state.  That used to happen, IIRC, only at boot, but now it's around
once every 5 minutes as the EIT scan goes around, or when a recording
starts.

My el7 box has a similar tuner that also uses tda1004x, and the same
MythTV version but without vpx and omx, and isn't doing this.

Any ideas?

John P