[mythtv-users] SiliconDust HD Homerun Quatro - multiple backends

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:10:38 UTC 2018

I've been playing with the HDHR Quatro and I'm interested in how it can
be used.

Normally it's dedicated to one backend.  That backend does NOT have the
active scan for EIT data enabled.

Since my Smart TV and Macbook both have HDHR apps, I can run those
without messing up my backend.

I'm trying to figure out if that's has just been good luck or is the
combination of mythtv backend and HDHR smart enough to just grab an
unused tuner at the time of recording and continue.

That also makes me wonder if 2 backends could both have all channels
setup on the HDHR Quatro and share then as long as too many recordings
were not happening at the same time.

Jim A