[mythtv-users] audio missing from part of recording

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:34:59 UTC 2018

Hi Jim!

> This has recently started happening on my backend system. I start
> watching a show from a FE that was recorded the previous night and the
> picture is perfect HD, but the audio will go silent for a few minutes at
> most and then return.? These are OTA recordings made using a HDHR
> Quatro. I can't find a pattern yet, but it's usually 1-2 minutes into
> the start of a recording and then it returns in a few minutes.? There is
> no video noise or loss of signal.? All the channels that I've noticed
> this on have 100% as their signal strength.
>
> I checked the backend log and nothing unusual during the duration of the
> recording.
>
> I have the same experience using multiple frontends. So it's in the
> recording itself. This started withing the last month.? I've not seen
> this in many years of using Mythtv.

We've noticed a similar issue with the local MeTV station, also OTA.
The problem is definitely with the station and not my MythTV system as
have watched shows (plural) live and the recorded show -- both have
lacked audio at the same time.   Admittedly sort of a quirky hardware
set up here as the Television is one one antenna and distribution system
and the MythTV Backend is on a separate TV, but in this instance pretty
much verifies the problem is the originating station and not me

I've noticed when the audio is absent the video is slightly faster than
normal; I've also occasionally noticed a staccato/jerkiness to the video.

No idea if any of this helps but our guesses as to it's the station and
not your setup seem to be correct.  Annoying, but correct.

Barry