[mythtv-users] Mythbackend recording glitches

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:04:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 8:50 AM Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2018 7:41 AM, Allen Edwards wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Yesterday I found a loose connector on tuner 0. HDHomerun config showed
> yellow signal quality that went away when it was tightened.  Fixed it.
> Still glitches, no improvement this morning.
>
> Small screen shots in Mytyweb sometimes there, sometimes not.  Progress
> bar still missing. The missing screenshots are in the Recordings folder but
> the link to them on Mythweb is to a different folder and file name.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall myth without losing my programs?  I wish I
> could go back to Mythbuntu 8.
>
> Allen
>

> I haven't followed this thread much.  I am running mythbuntu 14.04 (3.13
> kernel) with 0.28.  My system started out life as mythbuntu 8.10 with
> 0.21.  Back then, I followed the (then) recommendations of using a separate
> disk drive (spindle) for the recordings and OS/database.  Is your system
> configured that way?  I also used the XFS file system for the recording
> drive.  Which FS are you using.  EXT4 may take a bit more for journal
> updates (I am out of my depth here).  I also configured the backend to not
> do any comm flagging or transcoding jobs during my primetime recording
> hours (7:00PM -> 3:00AM).  I also have slow deletes turned on (might be the
> default).  I can reliably record 4 to 5 shows (OTA) at the same time while
> watching another, using three HDHR tuners on a separate dedicated gigabit
> NIC.
>
> Jay

What hardware are you running? Mine is AMD 5400 and I installed the i386
version of Mythbuntu 14.  I used the default setup and only one disk.  The
old system had two disks but both had recordings on them. Not sure of the
file system on the old system but I will see if I can get it running long
enough to check. Looks like everything is on ext4 single partition except
for the swap partition.

That is a good lead, thanks.

Allen