[mythtv-users] Android MythFrontend on Fire Stick

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 11:53:05 UTC 2018

Yes, I know I could use Kodi, but I’ve found 17.6 to be very unstable when using the mythtv pvr plugin, 18.0 beta is much better, but that has other issues.

My preference is to use the Android MythFrontend, which seems to be much better.

I have 2 issues with it at the moment, which I’m hoping people can help me with:

1. Setting up the Fire Stick remote (I can use  the iOS MythTv remote if all else fails

2. Playback of live tv or recordings from my Hauppauge HDPVR causes the Fire Stick to crash after about 5 minutes. Playback from my DVB tuner is OK.

Any help with either of those would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPad