[mythtv-users] Backend or Tuner?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:35:37 UTC 2018

This is a branch off my frontend and video card problems.  The more severe
problems that were playback have been either solved or greatly improved.  I
still have artifacts but so far the ones I have captured are in what is
recorded and not generated by playback. I verified two by playing in Myth
and then in VLC on my desktop.

Here is a closeup of one. http://L-36.com/mythtv4.jpg
Here is a more severe one full screen http://L-36.com/mythtv.jpg

My setup is a rooftop antenna, a preamp, a 3 way splitter that goes to TV,
HD HomeRun0 and HD Homerun 1.  Each HD Homerun has a two way splitter in
front of its two inputs.  All the coax and connectors are high end like a
cable company would use.  Myth reports signal strength on the various
tuners from 90 to 100%.  Tuner 1 is 100% and I assume that is the one that
typically records programs.

I did not notice these before my Mythbunty 8 system crashed. The new system
is Mythbuntu 16.

One likely cause is a bad tuner but I am unable to find out how to tell
which tuner was used for a recording, The other is a bad backend recording.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Allen