[mythtv-users] systemd revisited

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 13:00:49 UTC 2018

Thanks Mr. Bloke for the reply.

Attempts to enter a 0.28 PPA yield the following response:
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.28/ubuntu bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
So it looks as if one limited to the current version for command line installation.
I was able to locate earlier versions by going into the launchpad website although I also ran into a glitch with this attempt. I was able to download and partially install 0.28 although when I got to the point where one is instructed to log out and log back the progression halted. In my many iterations of loading Myth, at this point I have learned to go to /etc/mythtv/config.sys and access the password. Clicking the back end icon usually takes you into the routine for entering the password although a message "Please manually log out of your session for the changes to take effect." appears in this case and, in effect, becomes a loop.

I'm not sure what to do at this point and I welcome suggestions.

I gotta ask, is mjbloke a take off on the UK term for guy? While I'm a Yank my father emigrated from Wales and I talk with relatives in Cardiff and Caerphilly on a weekly basis.
Dave