[mythtv-users] Blasting to STB,using a MCEUSB

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Oct 5 17:22:00 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 16:59:46 +0100, you wrote:

>I’m so close it hurts!
>
>Ok, so my ~/.lirc/mythtv file looks like this:
>
>begin
>     remote = devinput-32
>     prog = mythtv
>     button = left
>     config = left
>end
>
>Etc.
>
>My ~/.lircrc file looks like this:
>
>include ~/.lirc/mythtv
>
>And I can see the key presses in irw
>
>I’ve restarted my front end and it’s still not working - there’s got to be something else, obvious, that I’m just not spotting - any ideas?
>
>(Just noticed, this thread is actually about controlling a set top box, not controlling the frontend, sorry about hijacking it - this should have stayed in the other thread)
>
>Regards,
>Dave

Shut down mythfrontend and try "ircat mythtv" from a command prompt
with the same user as mythfrontend is run from.  Does that show any
input from the remote?

Also, I have just done the 16.04 to 18.04.1 upgrade on my main MythTV
box, and for some reason the lirc update did not install the new
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf file.  Check if that happened to you.  It should
look like this:

# Populated config files can be found at http://sf.net/p/lirc-remotes.
The
# irdb-get(1) and lirc-setup(1) tools can be used to search and
download
# config files.
#
# From 0.9.2 config files could just be dropped as-is in the
lircd.conf.d
# directory and be included by this file.

include "lircd.conf.d/*.conf"

If it does not, then you need to do this from a root prompt:

cd /etc/lirc
cp -a lircd.conf.dist lircd.conf

If you want to keep the old lircd.conf, rename it first:

mv lircd.conf lircd.conf.16.04