[mythtv-users] Blasting to STB,using a MCEUSB

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:20:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 11:01 AM Dave Pearson (Lists) <
lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:

> I’m so close it hurts!
>
> Ok, so my ~/.lirc/mythtv file looks like this:
>
> begin
>      remote = devinput-32
>      prog = mythtv
>      button = left
>      config = left
> end
>
> Etc.
>
> My ~/.lircrc file looks like this:
>
> include ~/.lirc/mythtv
>
> And I can see the key presses in irw
>
> I’ve restarted my front end and it’s still not working - there’s got to be
> something else, obvious, that I’m just not spotting - any ideas?
>
> (Just noticed, this thread is actually about controlling a set top box,
> not controlling the frontend, sorry about hijacking it - this should have
> stayed in the other thread)
>
> Regards,
> Dave

[snip]

I seem to recall Ubuntu's lirc moving it's socket.  There is a setting in
the frontend settings:

Settings -> General -> Remote Control -> LIRC daemon socket

Make sure that exists on your system (where it points to).  If not, fix it
I guess :)

I have:

[greg at backend-0 ~]$ ll /var/run/lirc/lircd
srw-rw-rw- 1 lirc lirc 0 Oct  3 16:40 /var/run/lirc/lircd
But I seem to remember having to change it from /dev/lirc0 (or somethign
similar) not too long ago.

-Greg