[mythtv-users] how doe this work

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:22:04 UTC 2018

On 10/04/2018 10:31 PM, James Linder wrote:
> A while ago I recorded and saved as a video “Point Break” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Break_(2015_film)
>
> I recently recorded "Point Break”
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVDrpl1tIY
>
> and saved it a video with a minor premutation to the name.
>
> I then linked, then coptied, one to PointBreakExtreme the other as PointBlankFBI
> scanning will not find either of my linked or copied movies.
> I’m reluctant to delete the originals in case I can’t recover them. Short of spelunking the database sql can anyone explain wots-happening
>
> Thanks
> James

The videos part of MythTV identifies movies by a hash. This means if you
rename files and rescan it still keeps the same metadata for the movie.
If you have two copies of the same file in the directory, it identifies
them as the same, and I assume does not then show it twice.

I recommend you move them to another directory that is not in your
storage group, and scan videos. This will remove them from your library.
Then move back the ones you want into the videos storage group (only 1
copy of each file), than scan again.

Peter