[mythtv-users] Blasting to STB,using a MCEUSB

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 4 14:16:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 09:35:32 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been trying for over a week to get blasting working on my setup..
>Lirc is nothing short of Voodoo..  It's broken in Ubuntu 18.04 and I
>tried it in the beta of Ubuntu 18.10 and it hasn't been fixed.. Until
>recently I used firewire to change channels,but spectrum closed the
>firewire ports and now I am struggling with Lirc..
>
>      I am using a MCEUSB sender with the remote that came with it. I
>can run IRW and see the key info,but nothing I do seems to work. If
>anyone has any notes on getting this setup, I would appreciate you
>sharing them..
>
>The various sites on the net are of no use,most of them are a decade or
>more old...
>
>Thanks for any help...
>
>Equiptment:
>
>Two HD-PVR's
>
>Two Cisco 4742HDC's
>
>MCEusb blaster
>
>OS Ubuntu 18.04

The lirc installation on 18.04 is completely broken.  See my post on
the "Remote control issue after Ubuntu upgrade" thread for how to fix
it.  Then you should be able to use the lirc Python config tools to
configure it, and then you will need to read the documentation about
lirc 10.x on the lirc web site and alter your config files
accordingly.  The config is completely changed at the top level files,
but the bottom level files are still much the same.