[mythtv-users] HDHR Premium Scheduling Crash

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:33:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:03 AM Jameson <imntreal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I've been trying to follow Gary's PDF to get a HDHR Quatro added
> to my existing 0.29.1 setup.

The tagged 29.1 is not really recent enough

> During the setup process, the dialog in mythtv-setup to add an
> external turner seemed to only be designed to point it at a file,

As I recall one of the commits after 29.1 was tagged
attempted to address the entering of the command
arguments.

> And then a segfault. The back trace looks like:

Well, segfaults are always bad, but there have
been various fixes since 29.1 was tagged, so
rather than chasing down a segfault with a
debug build for a now obsolete version, you will
first want to get that latest 29 fixes (29.1.56 is the
current level on the git describe).  If you still get
segfaults, then you can follow the complete
debugging process as documented on the wiki.