[mythtv-users] Scaning videos still

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Nov 30 11:14:39 UTC 2018

I’m posting hoping that (a) someone can help and (b) some developers can read how a good idea like the hash mechanism for duplicate files is utterly flawed. It would be much easier to just delete duplicates rather than endure this hell.

I transcoded (to clean up commercials, start and end points) The Rainmaker and saved as an avi (Samsung TV foibles)
After scan there it was not.

I’v not looked at the src to see how elaborate the hash is to I redid as an mp4
After scan there it was not

http://tigger.ws/showmyth.png

Shows TheRainmaker IS there and it is not shown after a scan, and restart the frontend

I’ll revert to John suggestion of scanning an empty folder, then rescan the video folder, but that trick (which works well) unleashes a hell fire of [image not found] message boxes, that takes ages to resolve: mythfilldatabase fixes 3/4 of the errors, time mostly fixes the rest (I still get some display-locked-and-scrolling)

James