[mythtv-users] mythtv on 2 computers and filenames

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sun Nov 25 15:25:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

I use mythtv mainly on a desktop workstation, but also on a laptop in
the same room. I sleep in this room, so I use the laptop which makes
less noise than the the other computer, to record the night. In the
night, the desktop machine does not run.

I only use the desktop machine to watch recorded films, so I copy all
films from the laptop to the desktop compter, into the video folder.

The problem are the names of the recorded films on the laptop. I want to
have their real names on the desktop computer, the other informations
would be uselfull, but they are less important.

I tried without success to  write a little script to convert filenames
on the laptop by giving them the names in "show_names", created with
mythlink.

Did I explain my problem properly ?

any idea would be greatly appreciated

sincerely