[mythtv-users] How to induce complete amnesia for a series

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:03:33 UTC 2018

> I believe you can do this on the Myth frontend by adding the recordings to a playback group and then selecting the option on that group to re-record (Going from memory)
>
> Doug

If the programs were still available and not deleted you could do that.   However if they are not available you will need to touch the db records in the oldrecorded table to set them to record again. I believe there are 2 fields that control whether or not to re-record.

You will need to verify your query into oldrecorded to make sure you only do the ones you want to do.

I have done this in the past to rerecord those that I wanted.

Standard caveat… be cautious when you do this, making sure you are only changing the ones you want to.